Why Do Hypnotherapists Need a Union?
The field of Hypnotherapy, in most of the United States of America, is a non-licensed profession. As recognition and demand for Hypnotherapy grows across the country, Hypnotherapist's right to practice comes under increasing attack from other groups; Psychologists, Medical Doctors, and other Hypnosis groups, who would like to pass regulation that restricts the practice of Hypnotherapy to their own profession or organization. Attempts to State license the profession more often than not creates even more restrictions that serve special interests.
By joining the Hypnotherapists Union, who is affiliated with the AFL-CIO, you accomplish three (03) main goals:
- Your voice to legislators concerning your wish to protect your right to practice Hypnotherapy carries the weight of the collective numbers of millions of Union members.
- You have a watch dog, looking out any restrictive legislation or regulation that affects your right to practice hypnotherapy.
- "Certification" with an independent and democratic body with a name "AFL-CIO" the public is already familiar.
The AFL-CIO Hypnotherapists Union Power
By affiliating with the AFL-CIO (American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations), Hypnotherapists have gained much greater political strength and bargaining power then they ever could on their own. The Hypnotherapists Union was organized to protect your career in hypnotherapy. It is the vanguard against restrictive legislation.
Almost everyone has heard of the AFL-CIO and knows that it is here to stay. Let us compare membership statistics with three of the most widely recognized professional associations.
- The American Medical Association has approximately 26,000 members in the State of California.
- The California Dental Association has approximately 12,000 members.
- The American Psychological Association has approximately 4,575 members in California.
- The AFL-CIO, of which we are a member, has between 600,000 and 700,000 members in California alone.